Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

The Race for the Cure on Saturday was an inspiring event. Thank you Mandy for inspiring me to participate. Next year I'd like to make it a full family event. As I walked with the thousands of others I read the signs tagged on backs in front of me. Somene was a survivor or someone was walking in memory of "Aunt Katie" or "My Mom" or a sister. Some were wearing survivor t-shirts and being pushed in wheelchairs. My neice, who's in her 20's was one of the featured survivors and one of my daughters good friends. She had a team (the team I was on) of supporters who wore matching t-shirts. Many groups had matching t-shirts. I saw ladies in pink boas and hula skirts and pink sunglasses and pink wigs, and pink flamingos. There were guys there too. It was all very inspiring and it's such a simple thing-- just to walk together.

The weather turned out perfect for it. Luckily, I stopped at a yard sale on the way because Mandy had grabbed the wrong stroller and we had her two little boys. Rellie ended up riding with his legs up over the dash of the Little Tikes Flinstone type car I picked up at the yard sale that morning and I had brought another stroller so Kayson rode in it. We were only signed up for the 1 mile (which is way too easy), so we walked from the stadium over to the place where it starts to add another mile and a half then walked back, so when we add in all the booth walking and visiting we did in between, we figured we easily did 5 miles. That also felt good.

Today at church the kids sang a song about being their mom's strippling warriors and they did such a great job. But after church Jer and his family were waiting with pizza cooked and "Happy Mother's Day" when I got home. That was so awesome. It really touched my heart. Little Jilly looked adorable in her little piggy tails (which she promptly ripped out a little later) and Tucker the talker camped on my lap (and I loved it). After that we went to Jas and Anne's for a wonderful BBQ and Mandy and the boys came over as well. I love to see them all together -- the kids and their kids. It is the best gift any mom can have. The brothers are still a bit too bossy with their sister-- I suppose that protectiveness will NEVER change-- but I think it might be paybacks for her "bossy" years too. :D Love you Mandy. They do all love and support each other and I enjoyed the day. I really loved my BSU hoody that they had all the grandkids put a handprint on. That was extra special.

I have not done a lot right in my life or excelled at too many things-- except being a mother. I did not do a perfect job. I could have done a better job. But I love them the way they are and I love that they love and honor their parents, they love each other, they love their families, and they love the Lord. What more can any mom ask for. Thank you kids and Happy Mother's Day to you too. Mandy, Stacy, and Anne-- you are all loving, wonderful moms.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom too! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed