Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bittersweet

I am so tired I can't sleep. Tonight was bittersweet and my mind is going a hundred miles per hour about so many things. First thought, I had an unforgettable night with my daughter and daughter-in-laws. It was a girls night out and the boys were good sports to keep all the kids. Of course most of them were still bouncing off the walls or at least still bouncing when we arrived home at 10:30 pm and considering the majority of them are under the age of 4-- this is a bit scary! :D

We (the girls) had dinner at Bajios and it was so good as usual. Then as we were headed to the Morrison Center I spotted Lee's Candy and it'd been so long since I'd been there that I just had to stop. We had to have chocolate to go with such a perfect night. We also got a few treats for the kids and boys at home. It was all good.

From there we headed to the center to see "Wicked". I thought the show was at 7:oo and wanted to be early for good parking and comfy waiting hall seats. We got both-- especially since the show wasn't till 7:30. It was fun though. We were so early the lady doing the programs asked us to help her put little inserts in them. We took lots of nonprofessional pictures of ourselves sitting in the lobby and eating red cherry sourballs. It was just fun.

The play was nothing short of amazing. You can't even really describe it because the set and transitions are so over the top that you feel like you're on Broadway. It was just amazing and so technically genius that it was unforgettable. The singing and acting was outstanding as well, but the transitions and special effects were mind boggling for a play. I would see it again and again.... if I was rich. :D I am so glad I was able to share it with the girls. Thank you boys for watching kids so we could have a girls night. I have a feeling we will do more of those. :D

That was the "sweet". The bitter was news I received that someone I love has passed away. That is all I care to say tonight. It is still strange and hard. Each person in our life-- especially our families-- makes us who we are. They are a part of our yesterdays-- a part of the child that never forgets- -and a part of our todays and the person we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed