Sunday, December 19, 2010

The plate is getting clearer

The snow was the beautiful kind today. It was raining a little as we were getting out of church then when we got home it turned into small flakes, then big, beautiful thick ones. Canceled Mandy's party though. Sorry banana.

My talk in church went fine and my lesson later went fine as well. The person giving the talks and lessons always learns more than those who are listening. I spoke on the Atonement. We can't think of it as just an event. It is a tool we should use every day in our life. I'm so thankful for a husband who always helps me with my lesson too. We not only discuss it, he often has to do silly things like tie bows on my handouts or..... make unleavened bread so we can discuss the Last Supper. But... by the way.... it was NOT unleavened bread at the Last Supper. It was most likely a yeast bread like Shepherd's bread. This may seem like a small point but one of the main arguments surrounding the Reformation was the whole idea of is the "bread and wine" a symbolic thing as we take it today, or is it a literal thing where we think the bread and wine actually turn into the blood and body of Christ. The Reformation was a time of much debate on this topic with some churches choosing to use the unleavened bread because it was easier for the literal transformation of the bread into Christ's body and other churches went with the fact the bread was symbolic and went with the leavened (yeast) bread. Our church believes it is symbolic and not literal. Either way, Christ died for us and rose again that we might be able to repent and have Eternal Life.

And so we decided to try making unleavened bread. The hubby made it while I typed, cut, and pasted the handouts that went with it. The bread reminded us of saltines. I was surprised how many recipes were on the internet. Oh the wonders of technology.

Well I have a game tomorrow then we don't have another one till Jan. 3rd. Break time! yeah! Looking forward to friends and family who are coming for the holidays. I'm also looking forward to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed