Thursday, December 23, 2010

Are we there yet?

Started the morning with team breakfast at Sunrise Cafe. Loved it. Great girls. Now we all get a few days off to enjoy the holidays and our families. After breakfast we had some last minute finish up shopping to do then headed out to pick up Rellie. From there we went to Jeremy's and acquired a few more grandkids for the evening. We took the scenic route home so we could look at Christmas lights but man! What a lot of party poopers this year! We have to find some better subdivisions I guess. A friend told us to take the kids to some garden out by the old state pen in Boise (by
Warm Springs). Maybe we'll do that next week.

So once we got home and got everything unloaded we all worked on the puzzles. They're all quite good at putting together puzzles. They're also a little competitive. I have no idea where that came from!! :D After we conquered several puzzles we decided to make some custom Christmas cards. Now some people may have difficulty identifying the time of year (or their name) but when we add the "treat" to them tomorrow (we're making Rice Crispy Christmas trees tomorrow) it will be clear that they're Christmas cards. :D
`
Also watched the Grinch between playing with their toys and finishing cards. I think papa paid the most attention to the Grinch (hmmmmm). J/K, he's been really good this year about putting up the lights, going shopping, etc. Love you sweety. After The Grinch it was time for hot chocolate and a serious discussion of what to do for Santa tomorrow night. They're thinking hot chocolate instead of milk because Santa will be outside in his sleigh and might be cold. Daisha also listened to the weather report and she is concerned about Santa being in the rain. I suppose she'll want to leave him an umbrella to go with his cookies and hot chocolate. Tucker thinks he might need to rest in one of their chairs for a while too. They are all VERY excited that tomorrow night is almost here.

We discussed how excited their daddy used to get when he was little. They thought that was funny. I told them he couldn't sleep either. After hot chocolate we had family prayer and the three little angel boys were tucked into the blue room (boys room) and papa has already checked on them three times. The crimes: 1) giggling 2) spitting (they're boys) 3) talking too much . I predict we'll have at least one of them in bed with us before the night is over... maybe more.

Daisha just picked up all the toys in the play room. She is quite the helper and well trained in working. Good job mom and dad. She is excited to make the treats tomorrow and that she gets to sleep with mem (me) tonight. After all, there's not room for a girl in bed with three little noisy boys. Her room (the pink room) is full of presents (some wrapped) and some not, so it's off limits tonight. Makes me think of when I slept at my Grandma's house. She always had a drawer full of flannel nightgowns and I loved getting one out to sleep in. I should buy some. And her pillowcases always smelled like they were freshly ironed (because they were). Not doing that part, but I do miss those little things. Mostly I just miss my Grandma.

I feel very blessed this time of year to have the family I have and the provisions I need. I feel blessed to be so loved and to love. Speaking of that.... I hear more giggling. Better go save them from Papa Grinch. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed