Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

No children at home so the plan was to sleep in and enjoy the empty nest effect. At 5:30am we had a report from our eldest grandchild. She was being told to stay in her room until everyone was up (meaning the other children) and until the grandparents (other side) were there to watch them open their presents. We felt her pain, but smiled thinking about her dad at that age and how he hated to wait. So the sleeping in part didn't happen, well sort of.... I went back to sleep but the hubby didn't.

After we delivered neighbor gifts we hit the road and headed to my mom's. Had fun visiting with Korrine and Alex. Korrine and I were planning her wedding (which will happen in two years after she graduates). We're thinking vintage Victorian. Then we planned mom's catering business. I forgot how much I miss Rinny. She is fun to talk to and be around. I could still adopt her. :D We also got to see Derek. It's only the second time we've seen him since he got back from Afghanistan. He's off to Ranger training next then being deployed to Germany. So then Korrine and I were talking about everyone going to see Derek in Germany.... which led to the girls planning a trip to Italy and Greece. Korrine thought we should start a vacation savings account together.... she thought we could put like $20 a month in there each. I'd like to go before I croak, so I'm thinking we need to go to plan B and find something that's a tour or that needs adult chaperones and we could volunteer. If anyone has any suggestions... send them my way. I'm also a little concerned about us being tourist. :D

Had way too much food at mom's then came home and fixed supper for Greg's brother and sister and nephew. Really enjoyed dinner though. We sat and visited a long time and shared a lot of laughs and memories. Called Amber and checked on her since she had surgery Thursday. She picked up a parasite in London and apparently it spread from her intestine to her liver so they had to operate. I didn't even know that could happen. She sounded good though. Still, keep her in your prayers.

We also got to talk to Maddi on the phone since it is her birthday. She was a jabber jaws. She was just going on and on like she was 12 not one. It was very cute. Rellie called to talk about Santa's visit to his house as well. He was quite excited. Then Mandy called later and said he was sick... just laying around. How sad to be sick on Christmas. I might have to go see him tomorrow.... after everyone leaves our house. The husband's family is all coming tomorrow.

So it was a different, but relaxing and enjoyable Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed