Sunday, December 19, 2010

CHRISTMAS BREAK AND SLEEP!

SATURDAY DECEMBER 18TH (after midnight)-
While I still have a lot on my plate, the load was certainly lightened Friday after school was released for Christmas break. I will have two weeks to catch up on some ungraded papers, some much needed rest, some much needed dates with my husband, and some much needed housecleaning. I also want to spend some time with Tammy, my sister-in-law, and get presents wrapped, visit friends and former students, and try to refocus for the upcoming new year.

My drama kids pulled off another entertaining production and sent everyone merrily on their way with smiles on their faces. I'm pretty sure I smiled the most though. The costumes are back on the hangers and the flats are back in the flat closets. I have a game Monday, and practice Tuesday, but Wednesday morning I'm taking them all to breakfast and letting them do a Secret Santa exchange. After breakfast they get a few days off and so do I.

Woke up at 5am and couldn't sleep (because I knew I didn't have to get up-- isn't that how it always goes), so we just got up. Had a b-ball meeting at 10am then we watched Rellie and Kayson so Mandy could go out for her birthday and I was dragging. I slept a while before the game then woke up and headed that way. It snowed and the roads were a little slick coming home. Worked on my talk for Sunday, then remembered I also have the ladies' RS lesson. So..... I am clearing my plate one item at a time and I think I really need to rest.... right now and tomorrow.

Then I need to think more carefully about each thing I pile on my plate in the future and who I allow to pile things on to my plate as well. I have to find balance between selfishness and workaholic. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed