Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mammograms and Road Trips

Am I the only woman who spends the 24-48 hours prior to the mammogram imagining new lumps and trying to convince myself that the vice grip they clamp our flesh between isn't really that bad. It's kinda like childbirth-- while it's happening.... you remember the unpleasantness.... a year later.... you have forgotten. Okay, all you young ones-- it really isn't quite that bad.

Actually the lady I got today was very quick, very good, and very informative. I can honestly say that it was not painful at all. Because of my problems last year with all the follow-ups, she took the time today to talk to me. I asked her to show me what my cysts looks like on the films and she did. She even let me compare last year's to this year's. It doesn't look like the size of the cysts have changed. She said I would get the results in the mail and my doctor would also call me. There was a new small mass in the area where my lymph nodes are so she said they may want to check that (they meaning my doctor) but given my history of cysts, it could well be another cysts. That was the only scary news today. The rest look the same as last year and last year after all the tests and ultrasounds were done, all cysts were liquid filled meaning -- noncancerous. I am a little leery about the lymph gland thing but I have learned.... my worrying doesn't change it. So.... I will pray that it's just another cyst and she didn't seem too concerned. Annual check-ups and early detection are the keys and... I believe eating and living a healthy life.

On a brighter note... we left one side of the state and headed back to the grandkids' side. As soon as we got home we delivered all of Jeremy's books to him from our 40 million D.I. book stops. Then we took the kids to Marmaduke. It was cute for the most part, but it seemed more like a T.V. show. The kids liked it though. Then of course we had to stop and get an ice cream cone on the way home with them. It seems like they grow a few inches every time we leave! Little Jilly Bear will be a year old tomorrow. Hard to believe! She is the dancing queen. She dances to anything that has a beat to it. Her mom says she even dances to the vacuum!

I hope you read the fiber info from yesterday's post. Good stuff. Make sure you also drink your water with it though. It's nice to be back for a few days, but then the vacation's over. We're headed back home Friday night and we have next week to pack our house and move. Yikes! I'm tired just thinking about it! We're also hosting a farewell dessert social Sunday. One last chance to get together with some of the finest people in the world. We will miss them. Of course, we still own a couple houses down there, so I'm guessing we'll see them... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed