Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July 2010- Healthier Living Journal

It's funny but just knowing I don't have to blog every single day has not really been a good thing. It's better when I have to get on here and "report" my calories each day. Too easy not to think about it if I'm not writing it down. I'd suggest at least having a "calorie buddy" for real. Like someone who you can share your calorie info with. It has to be someone who cares about paying attention to eating healthier and sharing calories. Or, just write it down in a food journal or regular journal or blog like this. :D

We were without a computer this past weekend until today. Stayed at a friend's house for our 30 year class reunion and they were gone to the hills for a family reunion so forgot to get their password before they left. Thanks Ron and Alice for letting us stay at your home. We really had a great time at our reunion. Mainly it was just great to reconnect with old friends. It's amazing (and sad) how we can be so close to some people in high school and lose touch over the years. It's amazing though how quickly those close bonds just connect from where they left off.

My old coach (sorry Deb... you're not old,,,, I just meant my coach from H.S.) came and gave Amy and I a picture of back in the day. She was posting up high and I was out on the base line with the "give me the rock" hand waving. It was a money play.... Viner penetrates and dishes to me.... I drive against a larger but slower post and Amy is left open at the free throw line... money. she was money anywhere I gave her the ball. Probably why she played for BSU. It was good to visit with her. Loved seeing my best friend too. Taking a trip to Seattle this fall to go spend some time with her and her hubby.

Didn't do too bad eating over the weekend EXCEPT we found this little fudge shop. Fresh huckleberry shakes and homemade fudge. Other than that, we did eat pretty healthy. In fact if Alice's scales are right... the husband has now lost 20 pounds and I have lost 30. We think they're probably wrong, but it did make us feel skinny. :D So anyway we toured the school and surprisingly it looks very much the same. The husband was quite the school clown and everyone had to talk about the pranks he did in each classroom. Stud Row is now covered in Snoopy and Peanut characters which is just wrong... but other than that... it's not a whole lot different. Okay.... the computer rooms didn't exist. Must add that.

The husband and I painted the school rock while we waited for everyone to get there. That's what it's there for. I'm sure it's already covered by now. But at least for the weekend it said "80" on it. Watching old videos at the dinner later was amusing. Can we say 80's hair. Wow! And our clothes...... Yikes! What were we thinking!

Since the 4th of July marks 31 years since our first date, the husband and I decided to relive a little of our 4th date last night, so after it hit midnight (so it'd be the 4th) we drove down to the underpass to put our heart with our initials on it (and "80 rocks of course) and we stopped outside my old house so he could kiss me goodnight. It was very sweet. We were very tired this morning though as we woke up early to head back to the other side of the state. The husband had to drive a u-haul a friend of ours is letting us borrow (thank you Wes) so he started earlier because it only goes 55. I stopped by to take a picture of our heart before I headed out of town and had to smile.... there were 6 more "80's" drawings posted on the country underpass. That underpass's history of class competitions goes back to the 60's and as long as it's not gang related, they have allowed class stuff on it. Kind of cool.... only in a small town.

I was very tired today. I'm not used to staying up so late. Jason and Anne are still here so it was nice to see them. We are headed to Wolf Creek Resort tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 31 years since our first date. We are so lucky to love and be loved so much. Had a great weekend, but need sleep. Did not exceed 1400 calories today. Will post some recipes in the side bar tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed