Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living Life July 8, 2010

Enjoyed spending some time with Jason and Anne before they headed back to the Boise area. Little Maddi is so easy to get attached to. Such a cutie and such a personality. They will be coming back up again soon to stay for a while and help us finish packing.

Packing.... haven't done much yet this trip... packing that is! Left for Wolf Creek Resort on Monday. What a great three days we had up there....surrounded by mountains and loads of time to do absolutely nothing. Loved it. We also enjoyed the tennis courts. Kali said it was like ping pong so I thought "I can do it then". Never played tennis before. It's not like ping pong Kali. According to my husband, I may NOT hit the ball on my side of the court first when I'm serving it. There were also two sets of lines and he insisted that most of my balls were out. I wore my sandals to play in the first day. Didn't work so I went barefooted. Didn't work, so put the sandals back on. Sore feet the next day, but played again (wore tennis shoes... much easier). I did a little better the second day but I need a lot of coaching.

Also played some basketball and went swimming. I was trying to teach the husband how to swim without just dog paddling or doing the basic swim. He's a butt sinker so it took some work, but he was finally able to skim the bottom. When I was demonstrating how to tuck and dive and stay low to skim, pulled a muscle that was not used to being used. It was fine the next morning, but all the swimming and trying to do all the same stuff like I was 20 did not set well with my body. It was, however, great exercise. I brought all of our food and our suite had a full kitchen so I cooked healthy and ate healthy the whole time we were there (three days). I did find Utah Truffles at the local market and that was one of my bad calorie eats. I also cooked brownies for dessert our last day. We obviously couldn't eat the whole pan of them so I put them in the empty plastic blueberry container and stuck them in the cooler with the rest of the food that had to stay cold and when we got them out to eat them today they were still very moist and fresh. I was very surprised. I've never thought of putting my brownies in the fridge after they cool.

Last night we spent the night with Greg's mom and her husband. It was good to visit with them and this morning we headed to Temple Square in Utah. We also went to the visitior's center and the museum. Then we hit the SLC, Layton, and Pocatello DIs on the way home. My car is loaded with books for Jeremy. When we were in Ogden we also went to the one there and the one at Centerville. Now we're back home and have the weekend to continue our vacation. We'll start packing again next week. It finally feels like summer now that we've had some actual vacation time. I start teaching summer school on the 26th already, but I don't want to think about that yet. I'm just going to enjoy the time off we have left! It has also been pretty easy to make healthy eating and exercising choices now that both of us are on board. The husband likes that he has lost weight and had to get a new size of clothes. It is also nice to see that we don't really think of it as weight loss any more though.... we really do just try to eat healthier and the weight loss or just maintaining our weight and not gaining is pretty easy even eating our brownies and ice cream here and there. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed