Saturday, September 17, 2011

you say goodbye and I say hello

Friday was such a day. Saying goodbye to my husband's sister who died tragically young. Welcoming back my baby brother from Iraq. But not being able to do so because of the funeral. The funeral. Emotional in so many ways. It is always tough when two families, remarried, share the grief of one child. It's even tougher if the walls still exist. I kept thinking about my dad's funeral and how it brought all of his children from his marriages together. How it helped us all heal and made us all closer. How the X-wives finally found forgiveness and both came to the service. It made all of us heal. What he couldn't do in life-- he did in death. And it was a gift that will last us forever. How I hoped it would do the same this week. Maybe it still will later. Just made it harder.

Still, I am proud of my family for the spirtiual strength they provided to both me and everyone else during this tough time. From the prayers to the talk to the grave dedication my heart was full. I am so blessed to have children and a husband who know there is a God. Who know there is joy in life and hope in death. I am so blessed to have a husband and children who willingly serve and help others. I could have been more forgiving myself of the pettiness. Despite that, it was a nice tribute to Gidget, and her family and friends will miss her physical presence in their life. She laughed hard, lived hard, and loved hard. She truly soaked up every inch of life. Thus her favorite song-- "Soak up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow.

Speaking of the sun... our days of summer are waning. I saw my first row of trees changing colors today. Fall is on our doorstep. As we were over at the auntie's garden today I noticed the cornstalks are dry (of the ones we have already harvested) and the leaves are dying off the pumpkins that are already orange. The grapes were loaded too, so we picked some fresh grapes. As I was picking grapes with the husband I remembered why I loved the farm so much. I am a farm girl at heart. I would be content to live there the rest of my life. I so hope our house in Shelley sells so we can pick up a house with some land. There is just something about planting and growing and harvesting that I love and enjoy so much.

Tomorrow we're taking some of our produce to Payette as we visit my brother. We sent some of the grapes home with Jas and Anne tonight when they picked up baby Maddi. Earlier we had Bry Bry and Tucker over visiting REllie. Now, the house is quiet again and I'm going to go to bed early for the 3rd night in a row. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed