Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Council, Fast Food Fury, and Hot Flashes

Well Sunday we had our family council and all the kids came for dinner and the council. We planned out the holidays and all I can say is that we have some fun holidays ahead of us. I am so thankful for family and the opportunities that we have to meet often, counsel together, and help each other. Looking forward to corn mazes, gleaning potatoes, family pics, Boo at the Zoo, Thanksgiving at Jer's, and a special Christmas family program. I look forward to the joy our children bring to us each and every day too. :)

So that's a cheery thought. Let's reflect on the less cheery thoughts. McD as in "D" for service. I order $5.99 worth of stuff. Pull up to window. "That will be $11.04." "My order was $5.99." "Oh, sorry. I'll change it." I give her my card. Get a receipt which I don't look at because we have just clarified the amount. They start handing me a big bag of food. "Um, this isn't my food. I had a yogurt parfait and the Happy Meal." "Oh, let me go have her fix it." She leaves. Comes back. Could you pull up to that hot spot in the sun since I see you have the truck today with no A/C and two small children in the back?" Oh.... sure!!! She did'nt say the last part, but that's what it was. We wait another five minutes and cars go through. I'm literally melting not sure if it's just the unusually warm temperatures, or my patience running out, or my menopausal hot flashes.... or all of the above. I pull around the building out of the sun. It's now been almost 15 minutes. So much for a quick stop! She finally comes huffing and puffing around the corner with my little bag of food. I get out and go to get it. She hands me several papers and with attitude says, "Here's your food. You'll have to sign this." Like it's my fault! REally? I don't think so! Do not make me go Menopausal. Oh...too late! "Actually, I would just like my money back. You can keep the food." She looks shocked. She jerks the bag away and says, "Well, I'll have to go in and redo the receipt again." "I guess you will." I follow her in. And wait.... and wait... and wait. Finally the girl who waited on me at the second window came over. "You still haven't got your food?" "Yes, but she was rude and I just asked for my money back." "You need to talk to our manager." She leaves and talks to a guy at the window. He nods, but keeps making drinks and doesn't even look my way. I'm beginning to see a pattern. He finally comes over. "Can I help you?" It's now been almost 20 mintues. "Yeah, I'd just like my card back." "Well she had to redo your receipt." "Yeah, because she screwed it up the first time then came out after we waited in the sun, not to say 'I'm sorry" but to act irritated because I moved out of the sun." He could care less. "well she has to run it through again." "No she doesn't! Just give me my stinkin' card! You can keep the money!" He gets it. Doesn't apologize and goes back to waiting on customers. REally! Never, ever going there again and definitely penning a letter to corporate.

Then it was off to the doctor's office. Needless to say, my blood pressure was a little higher than normal. I ran into one of Mandy's old high school buddies. She weighed me (Oh joy!) and took my stats. We chatted for a while in the room and it was really good to talk to her. The doctor told me my strep test was negative and that what I had would run it's course but recommended physical therapy for my strained back. Yeah. No! Been there. Done that. I am glad I got to talk to Stephanie though.

Tonight when I came home I was greeted by Mr. Incredible. No, not my husband (calm down sweetie). Rellie is practicing dressing up for Halloween. I predict I will be greeted by Spiderman tomorrow. Then we all headed in to Wal-mart to rescue Mandy's lost wallet and get some things for my room. When we got home Rellie helped me make pumpkin cupcakes and a bundt cake for FHE. Mandy gave a fun lesson and afterwards we finished decorating the porch for Halloween. Kayson loved the cupcake his brother made for him. He's such a cutie.... but he is not sleeping attached to my side tonight. :) Stayed up late grading papers (with the help of the hubby). Got to school and PowerSchool was having issues. Couldn't enter grades. Kinda indicative of my weeks lately! Oh well, it's done, so I am going to be early tonight. Last night Mandy and I went for a stroller walk with the boys. It was so beautiful out-- a warm summer night. I love Octoberish.

Mood swing>
I can't tell if I get grouchy because I'm not getting sleep or I'm just plain menopausal. It's weird. Someone will tell me something and I'll think, "Gee, that's terrible or that's really sad-- I should feel bad or cry or something-- but I don't." Or I'll snap at someone and it's like an out of body experience. "Man, did I just say that? That was harsh." One of my friends said that she had the same type of out of body experiences when she was menopausal too. She said it was like being possessed. As long as my head doesn't do a 360 I'm sure I'll be fine.... some day. Until then-- apologies for any odd, abrupt snapping, or unusual insensitive behavior. This too shall pass. And I have good days too, so just ask me what kind of day it is and I'm pretty sure I'll tell you. :)

I'm going to bed now in hopes that getting more sleep will take the edge off of my menopause. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed