Wednesday, September 14, 2011

strange

Such a strange week. Won't share all the strangeness, but I am thankful for the perspective I have on life, death, and selflessness. I am thankful that my children know I love them and that they love me. I am thankful my eternal sweetheart knows I love him and that he will always love and take care of me. I am thankful for parents who bettered their life and constantly focus on helping others-- being selfless. I am thankful for a brother who will be home any day now after his selfless service in Iraq. I am thankful for my amazing grandchildren. Jewels in my crown and my heart.

I am happy that my life is not centered around and controlled by the next drink, drug, or cigarette. I am happy I looked down a different path and opened a different door. I am happy that door has lead me here because of my choices. I am disturbed by people who constantly bash, yet beg, and put down, yet request. And so the cycle that began with time, continues. The believers and non-believers. And victory is in the grave. Truth is in the living. Pleasure is in the moment. Happiness is in the lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed