Friday, September 9, 2011

long weeks and short patience-- a natural marriage

My daughter-in-law is still recovering from the lightening birth of their latest child. Got a little anemic from the loss of blood then got the flu that seems to be going around. My prayers go out to her. She needs to feel better and enjoy her new little angel. Mandy brought little Maddi home for a while today so Anne could rest some. It was fun having her. She has so much personality.

Bry Bry is sick too. Got the same flu his brother had. Fever and headache. No fun. In a big family it's like a domino effect. Hope it doesn't recycle! He will be in my prayers too.

It has been nice having my daughter here all the time. She is a little OCD on some things. She has reorganized our pantry, alphabetized our movies, and made us get rid of stuff. It's also been nice to come home to supper. Thank you banana. I love your company and seeing the boys grow so fast every day. We watched home videos tonight and she now sees that Kayson comes by his baby build honestly-- his mommy was a chunky monkey too. A cute chunky monkey. And spoiled (as the boys will tell you over and over). :D The hair styles were something else in the videos too. Mullets, big hair, and feathered long. And that's just the guys!!! Too funny. What great memories though.

It's been a long week. In addition to losing his sister, Greg found out tonight that an uncle passed away tonight as well. He is feeling the stress. My daughter told me I need to be more patient with him. She's right. It's been a hard week for him and his family. It's funny how we all handle, or don't handle things.

It's weird some of the things you see on facebook. The term "dirty laundry" comes to mind. Every wonder why they call it airing your "dirty laundry"? Well, back in the day, everyone hung their laundry on the clothesline or drying racks. They didn't have dryers. It was a disgrace to hang laundry that still appeared dirty-- especially undies.... ewww. People don't want to see your underwear at all people. Keep your very private stuff to yourself. You have something "dirty laundry quality" a.k.a. very private or intimate, keep it to yourself. P-lease. I hate it when very private intimate conversations are posted-- Pick up the phone and call them or have some tact and maturity and just "message" them privately.

It's unfortunate too when people add to the stress by the way they handle things. Sigh. Funerals are stressful enough!

So on that cheery note... I'm going to go to bed and thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with a strong husband, the best children, the cutest grandchildren, and all the necessities of life. Despite the turmoil of a difficult week, I feel loved, blessed, and sure of my testimony. I fall short of perfection in so many ways. I just need to remember that and practice more patience. When the hotflashes hit and the midlife hormones pop a cork, I will count to 10 and find some chocolate. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed