Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rafting on the Payette River












So I have to talk about the rafting trip. It was great! The husband and I are already planning to go back and head up the crazier part of the river. We didn't get to do anything above a class 4 rapid this first trip, but we both loved it. Through the calm part we even got to "captain" the raft and take over the rowing. It came naturally for some and not-so-much for others. :D No, I was not among the "others" :D

We went with some friends from Greg's work and one of the guys couldn't swim. He was in panic mode for about the first 15 minutes. It was pretty funny because Terry (the guy who captained the raft-- because it was his raft) had our friend sit right in front of him so he'd feel safe. Consequently it was a bit hard for "captain" to see the river. However, I must say that it took a lot to go rafting when you can't swim and he was a great sport about us teasing him. :D They put us two women at the front of the boat sitting up on the edge to "enjoy" all the water we hit. Nice. Actually, it was nice. Greg, the hubby, got the "princess seat" at the back of the raft. It was an actual swivel seat. We didn't discover how nice it was until the trip was almost over and I got to sit in it a whole 5 minutes. He barely got wet back there too.

I, only the other hand experienced numerous drenchings and loved it. The weather was perfect and the scenery was great. We stopped along a sandbar for lunch and I enjoyed my bambino (baby) bananas. Have you ever seen them? They are freakishly odd. They're about 3 inches long. Taste normal. You just feel like you're eating midget food. Great diet food though. Anyway, it was such an awesome trip and I'm so glad the husband talked me in to going. Now we're gearing up for ziplining on Tuesday. I am very excited.

Had a nice day at church today too. I love being in Primary and learning from and with the children. They know so much and have such strong faith that there is a God and that he loves them and that prayer works. What a great gift for any child to have. This Saturday is our big Primary Activity (back to school) that I have been planning for a while now. It's a lot of work, but I think it'll be lots of fun for them. I don't know if all 120-130 of them will show up, but if even half show up, it'll be lots of fun. Looking forward to it.

My daughter-in-law Anne has been having some pretty good labor pains off and on yesterday and today. I'm thinking that baby might love her Gma so much that she's just holding on for Tuesday. How would that be for a birthday gift!

I chatted with my two friends Sarah and Patty today. I will miss seeing them every day this school year. They really are good friends. Everyone needs someone who makes you feel like a girl again. Okay, guys need to feel like guys, but you know what I mean. :D I am excited about my new job, but already missing some of my old colleagues. Life is bittersweet like that sometimes. Still... I'm walking through this door old enough to know that it is okay to look back as you head down new roads and that you can take old friends with you. :d

I'm also glad my brother is almost home. Counting down the days. I read about the Navy Seals yesterday and it made me so sad and so nervous at the same time. My heart goes out to those families. Agree or disagree with the politics, they put their lives on the line for us every deployment and that says a lot and that alone deserves respect.

So on a cheerful note..... I had chocolate chocolate chip cookies for dinner last night and that's all. Counting calories again, but having some last indulgences before the school year and my diet are in full swing again. With all the zucchini we have taking over our garden I feel some more zucchini bread coming on too. Had some yummy zucchini bread at my daughter's this week. The cucumbers are giving the zucchini a run for their money, so let me know if anyone needs some. We'll soon have tons of watermelon and eventually lots of pumpkins as well. The grandkids are excited about that. We have enjoyed our gardens this summer. We've just enjoyed this summer period.! Good times for the most part. Very memorable summer. Helps to spend it with your best friend. Love you Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed