Tuesday, August 9, 2011

49 Isn't So Bad!

Had a great birthday today! Met some of our friends (we've been friends since high school) for breakfast this morning to start the day off right. Then we all headed over to Horseshoe Bend to go ziplining for the first time. What a kick. We absolutely loved it. The hardest part is the first step off the platform, but even that just isn't that bad. It was so awesome. We ate lunch together at a place in Horseshoe Bend then Ron and Alice headed back home.

We rested a while before heading in to town to pick up the grandkids for a movie. Of course when we pulled up at our oldest son's house and all the cars were there, I kinda knew something was up people! :D All the grandkids jumped out and yelled "surprise" and threw balloons my direction. It was so sweet. Uncle Stacy was there cooking on the grill and all the grandkids were wired! It was great. They cooked me some salmon (they know I love it) and for dessert it was strawberry cheesecake. Yum! My other daughter-in-law was supposed to be having the baby today so little Abby and I could share birthdays, but no..... still in the oven!

It was nice having all my children and grandchildren together. That was the best birthday gift of the day. It made being 49 worth it. Then the grandkids were a little confused because they thought we were "really" going to the movies, so we decided to go ahead and take them after dinner. The husband took them to Kung Fu Panda 2 so Mandy and I could watch Monte Carlo. It was a cute show. Not as good as Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but cute. Thank you Mandy for coming to the movie with me. Thank you STacy and Jer for hosting and for watching Kayson. Thank you Anne and Jas for the awesome bday present. It will be great on my desk. The knife set might hurt us Jer and Stacy, but we definitely needed a new one! :D I am excited to make cupcakes in my very crazy and unique cupcake pan too Mandy. Sunglasses and flipflopS! Might have to try those in jell-o too! They were all awesome!
I love my kids! I love my sweetie too. He has to go back to work tomorrow (partie's over). :( Thank you sweetie for a wonderful birthday. Loved all the facebook wishes too. Feelin' very loved. Can't beat that! :D 49 is Fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed