Sunday, August 21, 2011

Are we there yet?

Wow! I have seriously never attended so many "before school starts" meeting in all my years of teaching. Needless to say that means many teachers were in their rooms all weekend getting ready for kids (not "kiddos") to start on Monday. Making a switch from one school to another always requires the normal packing, unpacking, redecorating, reevaluating of materials and curriculum. My children will be happy to know that I actually left tubs of stuff at my old school (donated costumes and supplies) and that I threw out a lot of old files. Without much of a copy budget, the kids (not "kiddos") are going to have to just write everything down anyway.

So enough about work. The husband helped me finish up so my room is ready to go and I'm ready to take on another chapter of my life. Speaking of another chapter.... Baby Abby still hasn't made her appearance. Poor mom is miserable being dilated for so long now and then having us all call every day to see how it's going. Met Jas over at the other garden and Anne's mom took some corn home to freeze. Maybe that'll get things going? Whenever the little darlin' shows up, I'm sure she'll make a grand entrance and be worth the wait!

Jeremy's kids are ready to start back to school and we're going over tomorrow night as Jeremy gives each of them their father's blessing to help with the start of a new year. Brings back so many memories of our children doing that each year as they started a new year. Then one night this week we need to go underwear shopping for all the little angels. Relli, Kayson, and Mandy spent the night last night and we had the briefs v. reg. undies conversation and I think I'm just going to go with ... okay boys.. you pick. Grandma's just paying! :D

Mandy's morning sickness is lasting much longer than morning and it was nice to have her here to hang out Saturday (got in a little yard-saling) and feel better knowing that she is getting better. Kayson (a.k.a. "chubby") is cutting six teeth at once and boy is he a momma's boy! Rellie is getting so tall he may be the tallest grandson now. They were throwing him a good-bye party in his Sunday School class today and he was quite excited.

When we got home this evening I found a lovely box of chocolate cupcakes on my doorstep. I had mentioned at church today that it had definitely been an "I-need-chocolate kind of week for me." So I may be fatter as I head to bed tonight, but I am a happier fatter because I did partake! And now I am headed off to try to sleep knowing full well I never sleep the night before the first day of school.
Here we go again. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed