Thursday, February 3, 2011

The world finally stopped spinning!

Apologies for my extended absence. So much going on. Basketball is over for the younger teams (including mine). My best post and leading rebounder went down the game before the playoff game to put us into the championship game. Tore her ACL. Almost pulled it off without her, but she definitely left a hole at there. Lost by one point. Still..... a good season and good girls. One of my player's sisters was in her final stages of cancer throughout this season and she passed away yesterday. It has been a long week. Many ups and downs, but not as long as their week has been and I should remember that and be thankful.

I am thankful for my students and their demonstration speeches. I have seriously learned so much. Pygmy goats, lego sculptures, how to dissect cow eyeballs (almost had some heaving kids on that one), bull riding, horse grooming, many yummy cooking demonstrations, hair bows, miniature donkeys, kneeboarding, etc. In English we are almost done with Animal Farm and they really understand a lot about the Russian Revolution. They have been discussing the rioting in Egypt as well. The auditions have closed for my spring play and the cast has been assigned. Basketball is done. Just when I should be resting a bit..... I get fired up on the education reform issues.

Had the opportunity to speak before the editorial board today and took a colleague, my hubby, and four students along with me to participate as well. It was a packed room and I thought the kids nerves would get the best of them, but once they got going, I was so proud of how well they did. They represented their peers very well. You never know what they'll actually put in the paper the next day though, so we shall see. Meeting with a legislator for one-on-one breakfast Saturday morning to discuss more of the same, then skyping with another one in a few days. Plan to attend some rallies and set up some more appointments as well, but I have to take a break.

The daughter-in-law is giving a baby shower for the other daughter-in-law on Saturday, so I need to refocus here. Had a great family council last Sunday though and that has really inspired me to go after my goals this year. Oh... and I watched American Idol last night. Awesome! I'm deliriously tired. Need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed