Friday, February 11, 2011

Hoosiers Day

When I drove to work this morning I kept thinking-- signs that spring is around the corner are popping up everywhere. The weather guy said we could hit in the 50's this coming week. I saw a yard sale sign this morning and actually went to one last weekend. It was really cold though. And the sky just looks different.

With spring thoughts in my head as I arrived at school it put me in a good mood. The day went quickly and smoothly. Students worked hard and did a great job on their speeches. Went to the boys' last home game after school and even though we've left the old gym with it's true "Hoosiers" bleachers for the new little gym, it still feels Hoosier to me. The whole town comes out and the gym's still small enough it doesn't feel more about the gym than the game.

I visited with some of my very favorite students during different games and finally got to watch the freshmen boys play. I have them all in class so it was fun. Then during the varsity game I sat by some old cowboy who was a great game buddy. We visited a lot. He used to be quite the tennis player at Parma (back when State tennis meant playing Boise-- real state he called it) and I guess he coached tennis for a long time too. Turns out he reffed basketall back in the day as well. I couldn't have picked a better bench buddy. Plus it added to the whole Hoosier feeling.

I keep thinking I have too much of a "Hoosier Heart" to go back to the big school life again. The money's so tempting and if an administrative job came up, I'd probably be dumb not to, but when you become part of a community and small town feeling, it's hard-- especially when you're just a small town farm girl. I've given up trying to figure myself out. What unfolds, unfolds. I did enjoy this evening though.

Looking forward to seeing grandkids this weekend and hoping it all goes well in Primary. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed