Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On Valentine's Day He Waited

That would be my husband.... waiting.... and waiting for it to seem like Valentine's Day. I had to hang around after school until the board meeting so I went through the proposed changes in Luna's plan and prepared for the board meeting. Then I met Mandy and her family at the restaurant downtown for dinner. Rellie was pretty excited to see Grandma sitting at the table when he walked into the drive-in. I had the corn chowder and a fish sandwich. It was the weirdest chowder I've ever tasted. Had like taco seasoning in it and hamburger. Just weird.

The board meeting went well. My students did a great job introducing their new club (Young Politicians of Parma) and sharing their views on Luna's proposed changes. I was proud of them for having the nerve and taking the time. On my way to the board meeting I took a wrong turn and ended up on a dead-in street that lead to the Senior Center. I decided to go in and see if they had any issues or events our Young Politicians could help them with or talk to them about. Turns out they're trying to raise money for a new roof. I talked to the students and they want to help out.

Luna did make some changes-- not nearly enough, but it looks like he is being forced to hear what the public is saying. I'm not finished pushing for no on-line courses being MANDATED and some other wording issues in the 100+ pages of proposed legislation, but that will take some more reading and research.

So when I FINALLY got home, I was tired and preoccupied. Then some guy on channel 12 went off on the teachers and how wonderful Luna's ideas were. That got me fired up again AND DISTRACTED. Long story short, I wasn't much of a romantic on Valentine's Day. Sorry Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed