Saturday, January 15, 2011

Foggy Weather and Weird Diners

I would like to say that it was nice to sleep in after such a long, hectic Finals Week..... but no! The husband is up at 6am this morning. Of course when you wake up and you KNOW you don't have to get up..... you can't go back to sleep. So I got up and fixed breakfast and we headed to my game. I knew the girls were going to play well because I had a few varsity players come practice with us yesterday and it went really well. I also had both Jeremy and Jason there assisting me with the guards and posts and it was just a good practice.

I've mentioned before that you have to address the mental aspect of the game as well as the skills and X's and O's. Doing little things here and there to bring the game to one more level is what it takes to continue to progress. We're still hammering the fundamentals for the first 30-45 minutes of every practice, but I'm also adding a little something mental. The varsity players also benefit by teaching and mentoring. We learn from teaching. We're more aware of our own game when someone is looking up to us too. Next week we don't have any games so we'll prepare for our last week of the regular season.

Today they played like a military unit. Know your job. Do your job. Trust your unit. Have their back. Execute. I was able to play the full team again. At half time the other team had only scored 2 pts. Our focus was defense and it showed. We scored too, but we scored because of our defense. They ran the floor nicely, but I wasn't as happy with our passing today as I normally am. Still, they did a great job.

After the game we went to eat at a place in Boise that we wanted try. It was called Donie Mac's Trailerpark Diner. We had heard good things. All I can say is that it was a waste of our gas and money. The hamburgers were small, the buns greasy, and the fries were okay. The place looks very cool, but we both agreed that we wouldn't go back. After that we went to Maddi's party and it was just cute. They made little lady bug cupcakes and Maddi loved having her cousins over and opening her presents. She's still pretty partial to the teapot and teacup she already had though. It makes a pouring sound when she tips it and she pretends to drink. Jilly was quite happy with Maddi's new presents though and they shared quite well. I think we got some cute pictures.

The fog was thick this morning and the roads icy (but they melted as soon as the sun came up). Before the melting part though, the husband (who is well known for falling both up and down stairs) biffed it on the sidewalk going out to get the paper this morning. I was not aware of the extent of the "biffing" until we later went out to go somewhere and I noticed the decorative bark all over the sidewalk. Then, when we were are Maddi's party he took out Jason's toe with his toe (toe wars). It was quite loud and gnarly sounding. Then..... when we got home tonight he was going around me by the dining room table and took out the edge of the bar counter with the toe again. And this.... is why we don't dance. :D I am going to wear shin guards to bed tonight. Have a feeling the killer toe might go crazy and kick me!

SO glad it's Sunday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed