Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Feels like Monday

I'm so used to having Monday games that it's weird having one in the middle of the week. The good news is..... it's NOT Monday. Yeah! In fact, there are only two more days left in the work week. Finals week is always so long because the schedules change, classes are longer, and there's a lot to grade each night. Throw in four games between the older girls and my freshmen and I'm just very tired.

Okay... I'll quit whining. One more whine first.... no one gave me any feedback on yesterday's post about education. I guess that means I really am just getting old.

So all my players got plenty of playing time tonight. It's always good when the girls that don't play as much get to play more, but I worry about the false confidence it gives my starters because they get lax then we have another game this week. At least we have two practices in between to prepare. One of my player's sister is dying of cancer and a lot of her family was in town so they came to watch her play tonight. I played her a lot and she had a good game. I was happy for her. That family needs every ray of sunshine they can get right now. I had Whit Garrett put together a t-shirt and photo quilt of my player's sister and I'm giving it to her at the game Saturday. Whit did an amazing job. I will post a picture. Thank you Whit!

Saw one of my former students after the game tonight and she has two kids now and we caught up on the whole family and it was really good to see her. I need to go see her mom. We used to be very close. Now that I promised I would do more with friends this year and..... so far.... I'm not. At least I still keep thinking about it! :D
I need to get the cartoon strips neatly laid out for Aly too so she can draw them up for me. I'm such a slacker right now. I hate it when I'm in survivor mode instead of soaking up life. Somebody switch gears! Light.... tunnel.... train. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed