Friday, October 28, 2011

Pick a Monday.... any Monday and make it happen

So if you want to make a change.... pick or date or day. That's step 2. Of course step 1 is to identify the change. Then be real, but don't be wimpy. I have to buckle down. With my back hurt and my husband spoiling me way too much this year, I'm getting plumper than the Thanksgiving turkey! Not cool. Especially after doing so well last year. Then I have days like today.... We wake up in a nice hotel with complimentary breakfast of course and I think I'm doing well because I just eat a bowl of cereal, but then we eat out for lunch- salmon, loaded mashed potatoes, and oh marionberry pie! Sitting around watching volleyball games isn't exactly working out either. I did think about going swimming. Then didn't.Who wants to buy a swimsuit when you're fat. Kind of a catch22. I can't lie though.... it's been a fun trip so far-- minus eating too much. Oh.... and they had a candy shop across the street.

So the drive up here was gorgeous (until it got dark of course). The fall colors and northern mountains are beautiful. Coming through McCall and seeing the lake there was awesome and brought back memories of visiting Tom and Inga. The weather was pretty nice too. It's been kind of rainy today, but I thought it'd be really cold up here and it really isn't. We headed out early to watch I.F. play first. They were awesome. Visited with some people from there that we haven't seen for a while and I got to talk to Hayley and Coach Johnson who used to coach with me. All those girls have grown up so much and Hayley is a senior.... hard to believe. Then watched the Parma girls. They didn't fare so well, but it was still fun to see them and Greg brought cookies he made for them. Kylie liked that! Then it was lunch, shopping, and back to the gym to watch Eagle play. They also didn't do so well.

After that we headed back to the room then my cousin Susan came and took us to dinner. We ate at the resort on the lake. It was very nice. We had a table that overlooked the lake and it was so good to see her and visit with her. We used to be so close and over the years we had just stopped talking much since we live apart. How sad. It didn't take long to fall into old comforts and laughter though. We all sat staring at menus than one of us said, "I can't read this. I didn't bring my reading glasses," and we all started laughing. Susan pulled out hers and we all passed them around. I still couldn't see so they ordered for me. The food was very good and Greg said it was best I couldn't see the price. I would tell you what I ate, but I couldn't read it or pronounce it.
It was quite the swanky place, but the best part was simply talking and revisiting memories and catching up to where we are now. And... she reminded me of who we are. We are strong Tucker women. We are independent, loud, opinionated, and A.D.D. She had no idea how much I needed to hear that that was normal. We also laughed about old age, menopause, PMS, and unable to read anything directly in front of our face. We solved several world problems, discussed law, and marriage. We could have talked all night but we had to get back to the games.
Parma won their night game and Eagle lost their second so they're out and we will head home in the morning. We may stay to watch I.F. play in the morning then go. We are going to stop and see Stephen in Lewiston. We want to see all the drive this time and take pictures along the way. We will also enjoy just being together. That's the plan.

We're stopping at Lewiston on the way home to see Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed