Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Forgot to mention the scaries....

So I had a heck of a time getting in for my annual mammogram (which is a few months past due) and the only time they had would require me to get a sub for an hour during the work day. So Saturday I thought about canceling it so I didn't miss work. I decided I would, but of course that meant waiting till Monday morning to call because no one is there on the weekend. Plus, I had already scheduled my sub, but that is easy to cancel too. So we had lots going on Saturday and I spaced it. No worries. I thought I'd cancel the sub Sunday (has to be within 24 hours) and the appointment Monday morning.
Well I came home on Sunday and I swear it was completely nonexistent in my mind. That night I was folding some laundry I needed for work (forgive me for folding on Sunday) and listening to the news to see if our garden would freeze and Greg and I were talking. Then it was kind of weird. We stopped talking just as there was a pause between commercial and the news and me folding. It was like I was waiting for someone to talk. Then the commercial said, "Get your mammograms. Don't wait." Something very close to that. Greg and I both looked at each other and started laughing. I said, "Okay, I get the message." When I got to school one of the teachers told me I better check and make sure I was covered for the hour because some people hadn't been able to get subs. I checked, but I knew before I ever looked that I would be. I knew I needed to get my mammogram done. God knows me so well he knows he has to send it loud and clear.
So I went and here we go again. We know it's the same spot as last time and the chances are very high that it is still just a cyst but there will be the ultrasound follow up and possible biopsy. Because of the clear message to go-- I'm a little more nervous about the outcome this time, but I also know that Lord knows me and watches over little ol' unimportant me. It may just be that he knows my mind does not rest until it's over. Then I don't stress it for a year. :)
Then this morning as I was headed out the door I stopped and thought I'd better check my purse for my keys because I still haven't found my house key (Mandy:) and I didn't want to be locked out. Sure enough. It wasn't in my purse. I went back in, rummaged around. Found Greg's set. Checked my purse again. Nothing. Wasted a full minute then headed out. On the way to work was an accident. It was bad. Cars off, smoke, rollovers. The cops weren't even there yet because it had just happened right before my turn. If I had been just 60 seconds earlier, I could have easily been involved. When I got to work, I reached in my purse and there were my other set of keys. There's more to that story, but mostly, I know I was being watched over.
I also know we can live our lives walking on glass. Stressing everything. We have the love of our families, our friends, and the Lord. We have this awesome journey called life. I'm in a gypsy mood again so be warned.... my wheels are turning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed