Saturday, October 15, 2011

Getting it together


So yes, note the time on my post. Someone (it sounded suspiciously like one of my former bball girls) called at midnight (which on a Friday night is oddly not that odd) but from a phone I did not recognize, and asked if my refrigerator was running. They used a horrible Japanese accent and when I said, "I have two small boys asleep in the bed with me right now and you just woke them up," they said they were sorry and hung up. Now I remember those days of calling and even using those lame jokes, but it just wasn't nearly as funny tonight. Chubby, aka "Kayson" sat straight up in bed and began grinning-- like "it's play time!" Nope. It was mommy time. I gave him to mommy and went back to bed with only one little monkey left in my bed (the husband is gone to Riggins steelhead fishing with my brother and his best friend Ron) and he went right back to sleep. I have not been so fortunate.

So, when you overschedule your life, your house piles up, your frustrations pile up, and you are constantly tired. With only a couple more weeks left till basketball, I need to get my act together and declutter my time-- enjoy some relax time because there's little of that once the season begins. I have had some time to do some fun family things. I just need to get more sleep. Last night the big boys (my brother and husband) kept me up late as they were waiting for their big departure. It's always fun to visit with my brother though. I am so glad he's home. I love him very much.

Earlier this week I took Rellie and Kayson to the Berry Patch. Not on purpose. We were driving by on my way home and Kayson saw the huge pumpkins and started the caveman grunting and pointing. Krehl couldn't believe how big they were. We turned around and went back. It was a grandma moment.... you want that? Yeah? Okay. I have a lot of those with all my grandkids. :D So we have all these awesome pumpkins we grew this year and have a mini-pumpkin patch in front of our house (see family pic of son in mini-pumpkin patch before lrg. pumpkin was added) and there I was buying another pumpkin.... a 52 lb. pumpkin no less! And of course they didn't pick one of the normal, round ones like grandma tried to persuade them to pick. They had to have the lumpy, flat on one side one. It was a Charlie Brown "great pumpkin" moment. I will take pics tomorrow.

Tonight one of our elementary schools here in town put on their annual school carnival so we went out to support it and took Rellie and Kayson to do the game stuff. We had some good chili and scones there and the boys loved all the little games. Kayson won a cake in the cake walk and Rellie won a whoopee cushion in one of the games. Blowing it up was challenging because Mandy and I are latex challenged. I said, "I'm not blowing it up-- I'm allergic." She said she was too. I tried anyway. Lips started itching. Then tongue got little dots. Couldn't do it. Then she tried. He lips felt bigger. After all that, he sat on it and it didn't work. Wow! Not cool. I said I was having a movie star moment with the free enlarged lip treatment, but I felt more like Forest Gump.... especially when I talked.

I'm babysitting all of Jeremy's kids in the morning.... wait... it is morning... so he can take a test. Meanwhile.... papa is fishing. I'm feeling a girls trip coming on. Pray for the grandchildren. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed