Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sick-o Grandpa and Hot Summer Days

The husband has had a nagging cough going on week 5 tomorrow. He's been through a round of antibiodics and it didn't change it at all. Jeremy told him he needed the vaporizer with Vicks so he gave us that last night when we went over to play pinochle and have dinner with them. Dinner was "basgehtti" as Daisha calls it.

We brought home the vaporizer and cougher #2-- Daisha. It was determined Papa couldn't make her any sicker because she's probably the one that gave it to him. It's like living with two coughers. Wait... it is living with two coughers. I'm not sure who will hack up the lung first, but I am trying not to get it. I wash my hands and everything around me A LOT. Of course I've been around it for a month now and haven't gotten it, so I think I'm safe.

He probably wouldn't be so tired today if he hadn't stayed out in the sun(on top of all the coughing) for four hours yesterday putting up his new shed "kit". He was determined to get it up before we left for dinner at Jeremy's though. He finished all but a few bolts that we'll finish tomorrow. Today, he is under orders (mine) to rest. He even came home early from church and he never does that. He is on his second nap as I type.

Tomorrow is the 4th and 32 years since our first date. It also reminds me of my brother in Iraq. Our little town is having lots of fun activities tomorrow including a parade that starts a block from our house and a fireworks show that takes place in the field next to our subdivision. Front row seats! yeah! The kids have all been invited to the activities and I'm BBQing after the parade. Hope to see them all. God Bless America. God Bless My Husband. God Bless my children and their families. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have such a wonderful wife and friend for the past 32 years. :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed