Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mary did you know....

If anyone knows that song, they know that it's talking about Mary, the mother of Christ. We often think about the huge responsibility she had as a mother. Did she know what it was going to be like to raise a son of that magnitude? To watch him be crucified? What happens to Mary after his death? Why was she chosen?

I think of my own sons. Both are special spirits. I wonder if I did everything I should have to help them reach not only their worldly potential, but their spiritual potential. I have not watched them be physically crucified, but I think every mother has had to defend her child in some way and will continue to do so until their dying breath. It's the potential I think most about though. Think of the song/music from "Mary did you know..." and instead think "Son, did you know." The same with our daughters. "Daughter did you know."


Then I think of some of the verses:
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

This is so true of my children. They are a light to my testimony and have such strong testimonies of Christ. And they continue to make me new as they provide me with new joys and adventures in my life. As they bring new children to our family and as they counsel their mom. :)


Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?

My children are not afraid to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the best sight to have. To "see" the message of a good life and an eternal perspective.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?

My children have the gift of charity and I hope they keep that and remember always that it is better to give than receive and to serve than to be served. I know I have children with loving hearts.

And this part really touches me:
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

My children came from heaven and are truly heaven-sent. They are the greatest gift the husband and I have ever received or ever will receive.

I am thankful for the knowledge that families are forever. I am thankful for three wonderful children that fill my heart as I sing this song and think of them.

I am thankful for the example of Christ and pray that at this time of year, we may serve him by serving others. That we may love him by loving others. And that we may acknowledge him by acknowledging others who bring joy to our life.... like our children. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed