Monday, April 16, 2012

Blogger Moment



I have been terrible about blogging this past month-- so much going on I just seriously didn't have time. All five of you followers... please forgive me. :) Tonight, my husband inspired me to return to the blog. It was a "blog moment" that can't go unnoted.

I have been clenching at night again and my muscles are getting pretty tight and I decided to break down and try the mouthpiece again. It's like wearing a football mouthguard. At least you can buy them in the store now. You used to have to go to your dentist and people were like, "Hey, that looks just like the ones we wear for football." So yeah, it pretty much is. Anyway, since the husband is the x-football player I decided to give it a shot. He got the water boiling and I went to find the instructions. Much to my dismay when I returned with the instructions he already had the mouthpiece in the water even though I knew it was supposed to be timed. I was so busy trying to start the timer I failed to notice (in the full 50 seconds it is allowed to be in the boiling water) that he was holding it in the water (not just letting it go) and he was holding it with metal tongs. He was holding it (melting plastic) with metal tongs. Gee.... what's wrong with that picture?!

Just as I'm starting to say, "Don't...." he is grabbing the plate and squeezing the tongs. So much for me using my teeth to mold the melting plastic into place. Then he says (as I examine the mutilated mouthpiece), "It'll be fine, just try it." Not wanting to go buy another one, I pick it up and it sticks to my finger and flings against the cupboard and down to the floor. He quickly retrieves it, tries to remove the new single strand of hair (if you click on the picture it's still there) and who knows what else off of it and says, "It'll still work." REally!!!???

I'm off to clench my teeth some more. I will write about more plesant things like Seattle and our new grandbaby another day this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed